In a letter given by Sister Lucia to Fr. Jose Bernardo Gonzalves on June 12, 1930, she said while in the convent chapel on the night of May 29-30, Our Lord revealed the reason for the five Saturdays.
“My daughter, the motive is simple: there are five ways in which people offend, and blaspheme against the Immaculate heart of Mary.
1. The blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
2. Against her virginity
3. Against the divine maternity, refusing at the same time t o accept her as the Mother of all mankind.
4. Those who try publicly to implant in the children’s hearts, indifference, contempt and even hate against this Immaculate Mother.
5. Those who insult her directly in her sacred images.”
The “Five First Saturdays” in Reparation to Our Lady
1. Confession (can be 8 days before or after, First Saturday)
2. Holy Communion
3. Five Decades of the Rosary
4. Meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary for 15 Minutes