Interesting to Note
The Argentinian Cardinal Bergoglio (I read online) dared to condemn Pope Benedict XVI’s negative remarks about Isalm several years ago. He must be eating his words, today.
Can a Cardinal judge a Pope, on Matters of Faith and Morals?
God to judge, not me.
However, GOD WON!
Today we have 811 Men; from the town of Otranto, Italy who bravely died for Christ. Otranto’s town tailor, St Antonio Primaldo, was the first to be beheaded by the Muslims. His body remained standing via a miracle performed by God. His body stood until the last man was beheaded. St Antonio Primaldo “stood up” to Muslim hatred of Catholics, in a very tangible way. I’d ten times rather follow a brave, quiet, simple, direct man, than a man of untested words.
Can we dialogue with a Muslim, without mentioning what we believe? I highly doubt it. My approach is more direct.
However, during today’s Canonization Mass of the 811 Men of Valor in Otranto, Italy we have two women saints, from Columbia and Mexico, who approached witnessing about God’s Love indirectly.
These 2 Sisters who lived and worked among the Indians of Columbia and the Sick of Mexico showed ‘indirect love,” tangibly, too.
So, we have both Examples of Love: Direct Love and Indirect Love.
Martyrdom for the Catholic Faith by very brave Otranto’s Townsmen and Charity to All People and to the Sick by Sisters who saw Christ in everyone, they served.
Those are my immediate thoughts today.
Pope Francis will have to deal with his words, if in fact, he did speak harshly about Pope Benedict XVI’s stern words of rebuke to Muslim’s hatefulness’s. I will “never forget” a whole Town of Men, in Italy, who “stood up” to Islam’s forced conversion techniques.
God Did That! Why?
To show Muslims – His Church, His People; when imbued with His Love – will even “stand up” for that Faith – even in death. Acts of Valor just may convince Muslims that they are very, very wrong, more than our words do.
Consider that when considering dialogue, with Muslims. They cannot be affirmed in those parts of their beliefs, that are not of GOD, but of the Devil. Hatred is from the Devil.
LOVE IS GOD
- Martyred for Christ: 800 victims of Islamic violence who will become saints this month (iranaware.com)
- Pope proclaims 800 Italian saints (irishtimes.com)
- You: Pope Francis completes contentious canonisation of Otranto martyrs (guardian.co.uk)
- Pope canonises 800 Italians beheaded by Muslims for refusing conversion or submission to Islam (creepingsharia.wordpress.com)
- A saint-making record is also a diplomatic headache for Pope Francis (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Pope Francis to canonise 800 Italians slain during historic siege (theuglytruth.wordpress.com)
- 800 Otranto martyrs canonised on busy Sunday for Pope Francis (independent.co.uk)
- Martyrs of Otranto, entire village that chose death instead of renouncing their faith | ROME REPORTS TV News Agency (amhec.wordpress.com)
- Christian bravery and martyrdom: Pope to canonize 800 beheaded Italian Christians who refused to convert to Islam in 1480 (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- Pope Francis To Canonize 800 Christians Murdered By Muslims (sago.com)