I landscaped my property 12 years ago. God gave the growth. Thankful.
“O stupid Galatians! Who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?
(2) I want to learn only this from you: did you receive the Spirit from works of the law, or from faith in what you heard?
(3) Are you so stupid? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now ending with the flesh?
(4) Did you experience so many things in vain?—if indeed it was in vain.
(5) Does, then, the one who supplies the Spirit to you and works mighty deeds among you do so from works of the law or from faith in what you heard?
(6) Thus Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
(7) Realize then that it is those who have faith who are children of Abraham.
(8) Scripture, which saw in advance that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, foretold the good news to Abraham, saying, “Through you shall all the nations be blessed.”
(9) Consequently, those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham who had faith.
(10) For all who depend on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not persevere in doing all the things written in the book of the law.”
(11) And that no one is justified before God by the law is clear, for “the one who is righteous by faith will live.”
(12) But the law does not depend on faith; rather, “the one who does these things will live by them.”
(13) Christ ransomed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who hangs on a tree,”
(14) that the blessing of Abraham might be extended to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
Read more…USCCB Galatians Chapter 3
My Two Cents Worth
I like how human Saint Paul was. He called the Galatians “stupid.” Boy oh boy, that’s my kind of Catholic! No bullshitting there.
I used to be a cattle rancher, on an 800 Acre Cattle Ranch and a 400 Acre Cattle Ranch. So, I know bullshit!
One of my favorite faults is ripping off pretensive “masks.” I can’t wait, to get to heaven and meet Saint Paul, in person and swap Catholic BS Stories, with him.
I know, I know. I have a sardonic sense of humor.
How well I know of reprisals. I am Catholic. But even in speaking up in the Catholic Church, you get very real dangerous and deadly harassments. My loyalty is with God. I do not suffer idiots. I do not kiss anyone’s butt. I don’t play dumb, for anyone. I’ve been run off the road and called up in harassing phone calls since August 2000. So, I know any known entity can do deadly reprisals. Any group can commit these “corporate sins” as the CCC Catechism of the Catholic Church says.
So, I understand what heroes like Geert Wilders are going through – who speak up – and face dangerous reprisals. I’m going through this myself, by several entities. A gang, a church and an ex-spouse. I say the Truth, and that usually pisses off a lot of people. “Shoot the Messenger” mentality.
Oh well. You live until you die. How I get there, is up to God.
Pray for Geert Wilders and Salmon Rushdie. They dearly, need your prayers. Thanks. Remember them at Mass and on your Rosaries and Morning Offering.
“Joseph Anton – the pseudonym adopted by the novelist while in hiding from death threats over The Satanic Verses – will be published in September.”
An in-depth piece by a man who was for the Tennessee mosque before he was against it. via The Murfreesboro Mosque: Built on a Foundation of Lies | FaithFreedom.org.
A huge grassy field in Murfreesboro, Tennessee – summer, 2010. My video camera was set on its tripod, ready to film the first shot in what would become over 300 hours of footage, for a documentary I was about to produce.
“Singing is praying twice,” St Augustine said.
I’ll Sing this Pater Noster Song as a Prayer for:
My Dad, RIP
My Grandfathers, RIP
My Sons who are now Fathers;
My Ex, as a Labor of Love.
For All Fathers: Living & Deceased. RIP
For All Priests: Living & Deceased. RIP