Diary of Saint Maria Faustina of Kowalska
No. 83: “Write this: before I come as the Just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the Day of Justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: …”
“All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the Sign of the Cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth, for a period of time. This will take place shortly, before the last day.”
Blessed Pope John Paul II – Approved of these Apparitions. So, there is no ambiguity. They have been approved of by the Catholic Church.
I highly recommend reading this book. You will be encouraged greatly, in your darkest hours. Jesus’ words are in a bolder font.
Saint Gianna Beretta Molla’s Feast Day is April 28.
Following Information is from: SaintGianna.Org
1. “To do all things for the Lord… To serve God, I will not go to the movies without being sure that the film is suitable and not scandalous or immoral…
2. I prefer to die rather than commit a mortal sin…
3. To say the «Hail Mary» every day so that the Lord might give me a holy death…
4. I wish to fear mortal sin as if it were a serpent and I repeat I would die a thousand times rather than offend the Lord.
5. I wish to ask the Lord to help me not to go to hell and therefore to avoid all that would harm my soul.
6. I beg the Lord to help me understand his great mercy.
7. I propose to obey M.M. and to study even though I don’t feel like it, for the love of Jesus.
8. From this day on, I wish to pray on my knees in the morning in church just as I do in my room in the evening at the foot of my bed.
9. The way of humiliation is the shortest way to reach holiness. To pray that the Lord lead me to Paradise.”
“If one were to consider how much Jesus has suffered, one would not commit the smallest sin.”
“Everyone works in the service of man. We doctors work directly on man himself… The great mystery of man is Jesus: ‘He who visits a sick person, helps me,’ Jesus said… Just as the priest can touch Jesus, so do we touch Jesus in the bodies of our patients… We have opportunities to do good that the priest doesn’t have. Our mission is not finished when medicines are no longer of use. We must bring the soul to God; our word has some authority… Catholic doctors are so necessary!”
“The doctor should not meddle. The right of the child is equal to the right of the mother’s life. The doctor can’t decide; it is a sin to kill in the womb.”
“When one does one’s own duty, one must not be concerned, because God’s help will not be lacking.”
“Our body is a cenacle, a monstrance: through its crystal the world should see God.”
“The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for all that He, in His goodness, sends to us day after day.”
Quotes from this Section is from: Wikipedia
Homily of Blessed Pope John Paul II for the Canonization Mass of Saint Gianna Beretta Molla. Wife. Mother. Physician. Given on May 16, 2004.
7. “Gianna Beretta Molla was a simple, but more than ever, significant messenger of divine love. In a letter to her future husband a few days before their marriage, she wrote: “Love is the most beautiful sentiment the Lord has put into the soul of men and women”.
“Following the example of Christ, who “having loved his own… loved them to the end” (Jn 13: 1), this holy mother of a family remained heroically faithful to the commitment she made on the day of her marriage. The extreme sacrifice she sealed with her life testifies that only those who have the courage to give of themselves totally to God and to others are able to fulfil themselves.”
“Through the example of Gianna Beretta Molla, may our age rediscover the pure, chaste and fruitful beauty of conjugal love, lived as a response to the divine call!”
8. “Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid” (Jn 14: 28). The earthly events of these six new Saints spur us to persevere on our own journey, confiding in the help of God and the maternal protection of Mary. From Heaven, may they now watch over us and support us with their powerful intercession.”
For More Information visit: Women for Faith and Family
Vatican Website Links: Homily at Canonization Mass of St Gianna Beretta Molla
You can use a sledge hammer to drive fence posts, or to split fire wood, for a wood stove.
I am sure that you can find a You Tube Video, to show you how to “Split Wood” or “Drive Fence Posts” into the ground. This little post is to acquaint you with the use of this farming tool.
I wish you well. Practice safety. In case of injury, seek medical help. You can learn new ways of being more self sufficient in the yard or on the farm or ranch. Just believe, in yourself. It’s best if you’re in shape and healthy enough, to wield one of these implements.
Trick is; to get in a rhythm, when you swing a sledge hammer. It will come natural, after working outside, at a task.
Again : a sledge hammer is used primarily to split wood or to drive wooden fence posts into the ground. We went one step further and made our own slit rail, fence posts, out of saplings, when we lived and worked, on a 400-Acre Cattle Ranch.
Note: to split a large round section of a tree, Use an Iron Wedge blunt on one end and sharp on the other end. Drive this Iron Wedge into the Wood, with your Sledge Hammer. If the wood is dryer, it should split in half, easier than if the wood is still green. Softer wood, like pine is easier to split, even if green. But let it dry out before burning it, in your wood stove. If not – you will get a lot of creosote build-up in your flue, aka your chimney. Creosote catches fire easily once it dries. We had a Chimney Fire, once, on Christmas Day. We put the fire out, by ourselves. The Town Drunk was the Police Man and Fireman. He said he “Would be out to our house, in a few days!” So, you can see, why we did not wait for him to put out Our Chimney Fire. The house would have burned down. So many stories and so little time to write all of them.
I have good and bad memories of life – so it’s best my family know them.
Best wishes for you as you learn to homestead.